From: Vadim <vadim@××××××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] freemat-2.0 at gentooscience.org
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 19:14:39
1 Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
2
3 > Hello *,
4 >
5 > I've just commited a freemat-2.0 ebuild to the Gentoo science overlay.
6 > freemat seems to be a rather powerful matlab (quasi-) clone.
7 > It depends on qt-4 and some packages from the overlay (umfpack, arpack).
8 > It also depends on sci-libs/matio which I commited to the overlay some
9 > time ago. This last package is somewhat problematic: I found no normal
10 > downloading url, downloading requires clicking some buttons at some
11 > page (though it's free all right, LGPL). If you have the USE flag
12 > "fortran", a fortran interface to the library should be built; but
13 > this requires either g95 or gfortran. I have neither, so I build matio
14 > with -fortran; if somebody could check if it builds with gcc-4.1 with
15 > g95, I'd be grateful. It is also interesting if matio and freemat can
16 > be built on amd64. Please test this package, it seems interesting.
19 I can't build this ebuild, because the suggested link ends up with
20 downloading matio.zip which is of version 1.3.0, and it seemingly
21 differs from one that required (1.1.4), so I am out of luck...
24 Can you please look at the problem?
25
26 Thanks for a very interesting ebuild, BTW.
27
28 Vadim.
31 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list