From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-mathematics/maxima fails to build
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 23:58:28
1 > Hi group!
2 >
3 > I've got some problems installing sci-mathematics/maxima in both my Funtoo
4 > boxes.
5 >
6 > http://paste.pocoo.org/show/271383/
7 >
8 > The issue seems to be similar to :
9 > http://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/issues/issue/14, and the
10 > work-around to redefining LDFLAGS works as well. However, something is
11 > wrong with the way maxima deals with the LDFLAGS.
12 >
13 OK I will have a look, it may be something I overlooked in my patches, it used
14 to work here, so it may be caused by a slight change somewhere in the system
15 since then.
16
17 If you want maxima for sage you don't have to use the version located in the
18 science overlay. It was a proof of concept for some patches. The version in
19 portage will work just as well.
20
21 Francois