From: Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] fortran scripts
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:17:12
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thursday 12 August 2010 17:37:34 Steven Trogdon wrote:
4 > Hi:
5 >
6 > I had apparently installed the Sage-provided scripts
7 >
8 > sage-g77_shared
9 > sage_fortran
10 >
11 > when Sage was under /opt to get some fortran functionality from within the
12 > notebook. Of course that functionality is missing with Sage under /usr.
13 > Both scripts are needed. See, from the notebook,
14 >
15 > Help -> Fast Static Versions -> Numerical Sage -> f2py
16 >
17 > for a cut-N-paste example. This example is included (command line version)
18 > in inline_fortran.py, the InlineFortran class under
19 > site-packages/sage/misc. The sage-g77_shared script calls sage_fortran and
20 > sage-g77_shared is hardcoded in the InlineFortran class. I suppose it is
21 > somewhat awkward to have these two scripts, but thought I would point out
22 > that some functionality is missing without them. Perhaps there is a better
23 > way, without messing around with the InlineFortran class, to achieve the
24 > same result.
25
26 Thats absolutely right - thank you for pointing that out. I have added these
27 files for now, but I think I will write a fix so we wont need these.
30 > Steve
31
32 Christopher