From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 21:03:58
On 25.02.2012 13:52, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
> On 19.02.2012 15:07, Kacper Kowalik wrote: >> account on github and will try to work on mutual sync. When the latter >> is finished we can get things going. I'll keep you posted. > > It seems it's not possible to keep two writable git repos in sync in an > automated fashion. All solution I came up with/googled require at least > one repo to be read-only. Can anyone prove me wrong?
Ok, there's nice solution to the problem, as suggested by wired on g-dev[1], we should just push two both overlays at once. It requires manual tweaking of .git/config in your repo: [remote "origin"] fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* url = git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/sci.git pushurl = git@××××××.com:gentoo-science/sci.git I've checked that's working nicely. In the case of random unexpected clashes or problems we will deal with them as they appear. As for the access, for those that already have github account the site was smart enough to allow me to give access based on the previous commits. If you don't have an account on g.c, please create one and send me you nickname. Cheers, Kacper [1]

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github? Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius.kk@×××××.com>