From: Jeramia Poland <jeramia.poland@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] Emerge singular-3.1.6::sage-on-gentoo fails on gentoo-3.16.5 gcc 4.8.3 with graphite and lto
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:50:47
1 I have a relatively fresh install of 3.16.5 that I've been trying to get
2 Sage installed on for the past 5 days.
3
4 After install I followed these instructions for enabling graphite and lto:
5
6 http://yuguangzhang.com/blog/enabling-gcc-graphite-and-lto-on-gentoo/
7
8 Since then I've been attempting to finish a sage emerge.
9 Singular is failing and it seems to be an ld exit status 1 type fail so I'm
10 pretty sure its lto.
11
12 Thing is I've got singular in package.env with no-lto.conf (as set out by
13 the instructions above).
14
15 It seems singular is just ignoring my no-lto flags like in this bug:
16
17 http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/12738
18
19 I can't really tell from that bug if there was a resolution or workaround,
20 so I don't know where to go from here.
21
22 Anybody have any idea how to fix or get around this?
23
24 attached are:
25
26 info output