From: Jan Marten Simons <marten@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New scientific herd tester
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:57:03
1 Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
2
3 > Sorry - I should have been more verbose in my first post. I originally
4 > discussed the idea on this list some time ago - please see the post in
5 > the archives[1] for more details. Several people replied on and off
6 > list to say that they would be interested in taking part in such a
7 > program.
8 >
9 [...]
10
11 > I am also in the process of setting up an experimental Gentoo science
12 > overlay, and HTs will hopefully have commit access to this. That way
13 > more ebuilds will make it into the overlay, and will be moved to
14 > portage once they are in a working state. More adventurous users can
15 > also easily test these highly experimental ebuilds should they wish
16 > to. Watch this space for more news :)
17 >
18 > I seem to have written quite an essay now! Please let me know if there
19 > is anything else you would like to know.
20 >
21 > Thanks,
22 >
23 > Marcus
24 >
25 Hi Marcus,
26 It's nice to hear that you have those nice plans for the close-by
27 futureand people interested in helping out. I offer my best wishes to
28 you and Lucas and all subsequent members of the herd. Let's make gentoo
29 the No.1 choice for scientists.
30
31 With regards,
32 Jan