From: Jan Marten Simons <marten@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New scientific herd tester
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:57:03
Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:

> Sorry - I should have been more verbose in my first post. I originally > discussed the idea on this list some time ago - please see the post in > the archives[1] for more details. Several people replied on and off > list to say that they would be interested in taking part in such a > program. >
> I am also in the process of setting up an experimental Gentoo science > overlay, and HTs will hopefully have commit access to this. That way > more ebuilds will make it into the overlay, and will be moved to > portage once they are in a working state. More adventurous users can > also easily test these highly experimental ebuilds should they wish > to. Watch this space for more news :) > > I seem to have written quite an essay now! Please let me know if there > is anything else you would like to know. > > Thanks, > > Marcus >
Hi Marcus, It's nice to hear that you have those nice plans for the close-by futureand people interested in helping out. I offer my best wishes to you and Lucas and all subsequent members of the herd. Let's make gentoo the No.1 choice for scientists. With regards, Jan -- gentoo-science@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] New scientific herd tester Lucas Chiesa <lucas.chiesa@×××××.com>