From: Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@×××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] openmodelica and salome
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:22:04
1 Hi Patrick,
2
3 * On 20 Dec 2005 * Patrick Kursawe wrote:
4
5 > Hi there,
6 >
7 > On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:59:55PM +0100, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
8 >
9 > > I wonder if anybody could install openmodelica and salome
10 > > using any ebuild?
11 > >
12 > > The page for modelica:
13 > > http://www.ida.liu.se/~pelab/modelica/OpenModelica.html
14 > >
15 > > I saw some discussions about salome, but I am not sure if
16 > > there exists any ebuild yet!?
17 >
18 > You can file an enhancement request on http://bugs.gentoo.org
19 > and try to write an ebuild for those packages
20 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
21 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml
22 >
23 > Since there are more people who want to have packages in the portage tree
24 > than people who can integrate and maintain them, the sci herd currently has
25 > about 175 open enhancement requests waiting, dating back more than two
26 > years. But don't be afraid, they are not processed in chronological order.
27 > So if you can tell what makes these packages so special and important
28 > there's the chance some developer will have a look at them.
29
30 Thanks for your advice... I will take a look.
31
32 Greetings!
33 Fabian
38 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list