From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci team help
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:38:00
1 For those who would like to join: as I said, I won't be much available
2 until early November, but some other devs might.
3
4 You also might want to see if you would like simply commit access to the
5 science overlay, to maintain a few packages.
6
7 Meanwhile here are some pointers and tips to get you started:
8 - get full knowledge of gentoo docs, handbooks [1] and projects
9 - try to help bugs and problems [2]
10 - lurk in gentoo-science, gentoo-dev lists archives [3]
11 - learn the developer handbook [4] and manual [5] developers
12 - lurk or participate in irc channels #gentoo-science, #gentoo-dev,
13 #gentoo-dev-help
14
15 As far as scientific packages are concerned, we putting more and more
16 emphasis on tests. Providing ways to test packages, by a src_test
17 function or some kind of test recipe is important. Scientists like to
18 get right results (well as much as the software can give)!
21 Sébastien
22
23 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/list.xml
24 [2] http://bugs.gentoo.org