From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] packages with invalid SRC_URI and compilation failures
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:42:34
1 Hi,
2
3 I would ask an opinion about what to do with packages that have invalid
4 SRC_URI (pointing to non-existent sources) and severe compilation problems.
5
6 I'm trying to fix ebuilds that lead to `repoman full` failures now, so
7 we will be able to have automatic repoman checks for pull requests. Some
8 ebuilds are really outdated and quite hard to fix (e.g. I tried to do
9 version bump for sci-physics/bigdft, but I failed as new version does
10 not compile and error is in fortran code, that I do not understand).
11
12 So what to do with such outdated not working stuff? As nobody makes
13 issues/bugs about it, I think, we can just remove unmaintained broken
14 packages from the overlay.
17 Jauhien