From: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] too big 'doctrees' folder
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:55:08
1 On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:47:17 v_2e@×××.net wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 > Today I noticed this catalog on my system:
4 >
5 > /usr/share/doc/sage/output/doctrees
6 >
7 > It takes about 850 MB of disk space. There are also separate folders
8 > /usr/share/doc/sage/(en,pt,tr,ru,de,fr)
9 > /usr/share/doc/sage/output/html/*
10 > containing the RST sources and HTML files of Sage reference and all
11 > related stuff.
12 >
13 > So my question is: what is this 'doctrees' folder is actually for? Do
14 > we really need it? Is it safe to remove it?
15 >
16 > And by the way, is it (will it be) possible to install only a
17 > selected set of languages for the Sage help files?
18 >
19 Hi Vladimir,
20
21 Language selection is on my TODO list but nowhere easy to implement.
22 A lot of the rst files are used in doctests. I am not sure they have
23 any other functions. I thought they were used by the help system but
24 I am not so sure now.
25 Culling may be useful since the install of sage-doc takes forever.
26
27 Francois