From: P Purkayastha <ppurka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] sage on gentoo -- only use system atlas
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:02:07
1 Hi all,
2
3 I need to have a personal installation of Sage to do development work.
4 However, I also want to reduce my upgrade times by installing a system
5 atlas.
6
7 To do so, I added the science overlay and emerged
8 sci-libs/atlas[lapack,fortran,threads]. Thereafter, I added the environment
9 variable
10
11 SAGE_ATLAS_LIB=/usr/lib
12
13 and proceeded to compile sage in my home directory. Atlas fails with the
14 error that it can not find liblapack. The exact error message is given
15 below:
16
17 Cannot find liblapack.* in /usr/lib
18 Unable to find one of liblapack, libcblas, libatlas or libf77blas
19 in the directory None
20 Set SAGE_ATLAS_LIB to the directory containing liblapack, libcblas,
21 libatlas and libf77blas (either .a, .so, .dylib extensions) if
22 you wish to use existing ATLAS libraries. For more details, see
23 http://sagemath.org/doc/installation/source.html#environment-variables
24 Unset SAGE_ATLAS_LIB to build ATLAS from source.
25
26 I looked at the dependencies of sci-mathematics/sage in the sage-on-gentoo
27 overlay, and I see that virtual/cblas and virtual/lapack is pulled in by
28 sci-libs/fflas-ffpack. This ebuild is pulled in by sci-libs/linbox, and
29 finally linbox is pulled in by sage.
30
31 However, the following command only pulls in the virtual packages, which
32 means that I already have lapack installed, but probably under a different
33 library name.
34
35 ~/tmp/sage-on-gentoo» emerge -pvq virtual/cblas virtual/lapack
36 [ebuild N ] virtual/cblas-2.0
37 [ebuild N ] virtual/lapack-3.4 USE="-doc"
38
39 Can anyone tell me which library name corresponds to liblapack.so? I can
40 then make a symlink and proceed with building my personal copy of sage.
41 Here is an output of equery files:
42
43 ~/tmp/sage-on-gentoo» equery files atlas | grep '/usr/lib.*lapack'
44 /etc/env.d/alternatives/lapack/atlas-threads/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/lapack.pc
45 /etc/env.d/alternatives/lapack/atlas/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/lapack.pc
46 /usr/lib64/libatlclapack.so
47 /usr/lib64/libatlclapack.so.3
48 /usr/lib64/libatllapack.so
49 /usr/lib64/libatllapack.so.3
50 /usr/lib64/libptclapack.so
51 /usr/lib64/libptclapack.so.3
52 /usr/lib64/libptlapack.so
53 /usr/lib64/libptlapack.so.3
54 /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/atlas-clapack-threads.pc
55 /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/atlas-clapack.pc
56 /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/atlas-lapack-threads.pc
57 /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/atlas-lapack.pc
58
59 Thanks and regards,
60 basu.