From: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Git push problems
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 20:32:11
1 I have seen the same, but I don't understand what is going on. Why doesn't
2 a pull on gentoo update anything?
5 On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Justin (jlec) <jlec@g.o> wrote:
6
7 > Hi all.
8 >
9 > I continuously see things like
10 >
11 > $ git ph
12 > Pushing to git@××××××.com:gentoo-science/sci.git
13 > To git@××××××.com:gentoo-science/sci.git
14 > ! [rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward)
15 > error: failed to push some refs to 'git@××××××.com:gentoo-science/sci.git'
16 > hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is
17 > behind
18 > hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.
19 > hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
20 > hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.
21 > Pushing to git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/sci.git
22 > To git+ssh://git@×××××××××××××××××××.org/proj/sci.git
23 > = [up to date] master -> master
24 > updating local tracking ref 'refs/remotes/origin/master'
25 > Everything up-to-date
26 >
27 > but a git pull doesn't bring anything new. This comes from problems with
28 > fast-forwarding.
29 >
30 > This is my suggestion here,
31 >
32 > We will restrict the push access in gitweb.overlays.gentoo.org to a
33 > small group of people (one, two, three official sci team devs) and move
34 > all other contributions over to github. This small team is then
35 > responsible for the merge and shouldn't screw it up.
36 >
37 > What do you think?
38 >
39 > Justin