From: Justin Bronder <jsbronder@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: sys-cluster infiniband , mpi related soft. update request
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:51:58
1 On 21/01/09 19:47 +0100, Janusz Mordarski wrote:
2 > I couldn't wait, so i prepared my own , up-to-date ebuilds for various soft
3 > connected with Infiniband
4 > openib
5 > openib-mvapich2
6 >
7 > and also updated version of virtual/mpi - if we want to use openib-mvapih2
8 > for example with gromacs, we need to tell him to use mvapich libs, so i
9 > think it must be mentionet there in virtual/mpi as a RDEPEND
10
11 mpi.eclass is aware of openib-mvapich2. Ideally, we'll be able to move away
12 from virtual/mpi and start replacing it's use with the eclass instead. This
13 has a number of advantages such as being able to specify a subset of
14 compatible implementations and using EAPI 2 use deps.
17 > How can i share my work with you? i'm new to gentoo development, so dunno
18 > if i have to install some SVN, CVS, git or other software?
19 > I put all my recently updated ebuilds here:
20 > http://bioinfo.mol.uj.edu.pl/gentoo-science-JM.tar.bz2
21 >
22 > If someone of you, who has direct access to gentoo-science overlay could
23 > take a look at these, and put those ebuilds to official gentoo-science (if
24 > they are correct)
25 >
26 > i spent a lot of time on openib-mvapich2, so i added myself in Changelog as
27 > a version 1.2 'adder'
31 Justin Bronder