From: P Purkayastha <ppurka@×××××.com>
To: support@××××××××××.org, gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [patch] system-wide install of debug_gap.vim can not be overridden
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 09:45:34

   I installed sage and also gap via the sage-for-gentoo overlay on a
Gentoo linux system (64 bit installation). It turned out that gap
installed a plugin /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/plugin/gap_debug.vim where
some keybindings are defined to help debug gap programs.

First, I think this file should go under
/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/ftplugin directory since it applies only to gap
files. Secondly, the files define some keybindings without allowing for
the user to override those keybindings in ~/.vimrc.

I am attaching a patch which defines a global vim variable. If the user
sets that variable in ~/.vimrc, then this gap plugin will not be read.
This is one way I think the plugin can be made to not supersede user

If there is some other way of overriding that plugin file, please let me

    Thanks and regards,

File name MIME type
debug_gap.patch.txt text/plain

Subject Author