From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Advice for image and signal processing libraries
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:18:11
1 Sébastien Fabbro wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > A while back, I was looking for a similar c++ library. Apart from the
5 > ones already mentioned, I found:
6 >
7 > - VSIPL++ [1]: seemed well optimized and follow standard
8 > - VIGRA [2]: well coded, but you might need more than what they offer
9 > - Intel IPP [3], not open source but free for non-commercial use
10 >
11 > I'm not sure about wavelets, and none of those are in portage.
12 >
13 > Sebastien
14 >
15 > [1] http://www.codesourcery.com/vsiplplusplus
16 > [2] http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/
17 > [3] http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/302910.htm
18 >
19 > Redouane Boumghar wrote:
20 >> Good day everybody,
21 >>
22 >> I have to choose between base libraries (which do not depend on other
23 >> non-standard libraries) for image and signal processing applications
24 >> which may include :
25 >>
26 >> - Wavelet analysis
27 >> - Fourier analysis
28 >> - image registration algorithms
29 >> - correlation algorithms
30 >> - feature extraction
31 >> ...
32 >>
33 >> I would like your personal advice for any libraries that you have used
34 >> and think may help me in developing such processings.
35 >>
36 >> Languages I may use are C/C++, Java.
37 >>
38 >> Thank you :)
41 Now that I think of it, there are wavelet packages in the R library,
42 although I don't know if they're 1D or 2D or both and I've never used them.
43 --
44 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list