From: "Matías Graña" <matiasg@××××××.ar>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] gnuplot + python
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:56:17
1 On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 12:07:05PM -0300, Matías Graña wrote:
2 > Hi; I'm doing some easy 3D plotting these days and I've come to this
3 > situation. I just need to plot a few dots in 3D-space. I've been using
4 > gnuplot for this, as it allows to rotate the picture with the mouse,
5 > giving a good impression of where the dots actually are.
6 > So far so good, but now I want it to interact with the python code I use
7 > to compute the position of the dots. There's gnuplot-py for this, but it
8 > seems to have the problem that once it launches a window, gnuplot does
9 > not listen to mouse clickings on it. So I can tell my python program to
10 > draw the dots, but then I can't rotate them as I could within a gnuplot
11 > session.
12 >
13 > So, I'm looking to either
14 > a) a way to have an interaction between gnuplot and python, or
15 > b) another program/library that can be launched from python and able to
16 > plot 3D dots and rotate them with the mouse.
17 >
18 > Any insight or advice is welcome.
19 >
20 > Thanks,
21 > Matías
22
23 [two answers here]
24
25 Thanks for the answers!
26 Nope: 'm' doesn't do anything on gnuplot window, at least in my case.
27 Clutter seems promising, but for the time being it is much more than
28 what I need.
29 So far, I resorted to communicating with gnuplot via popen. It seems to
30 work fine.
31
32 Matías
35 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list