From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage-scripts' dependencies
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 23:36:36
1 > Hi,
2 >
3 > I encountered the following when making a fresh install of sage (~136
4 > packages) within a 32bit chroot. Emerge of sage terminated because of the
5 > following line
6 >
7 > dosym $(which gp) "${SAGE_LOCAL}"/bin/sage_pari || die
8 >
9 > in the sage-scripts ebuild. In emerging sage, sage-scripts gets pulled in
10 > before pari and thus the failure. I suppose it would be awkward to have
11 > sage-scripts depend on pari when only a symlink is created? This can be
12 > replicated if one has a working sage by removing pari and sage-scripts and
13 > either updating world or re-emerging sage-core. Here, sage-scripts gets
14 > pulled in before pari and the update/emerge fails.
15 >
16 Hi Steve,
17
18 I have just added a svn snapshot of pari in the overlay but not all
19 dependencies have been adjusted for the right slot.
20 How did that go? Did you get pari 2.3 or 2.4 installed?
21 I would imagine that if you had only pari 2.4 things failed to compile as
22 I have slotted it so you have to request it explicitly which happens nowhere
23 at the moment.
24
25 Francois