From: My Th <rei4dan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:02:41
1 O , 2012-02-07 09:24 -0800, Sébastien Fabbro rakstīja:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > We are contemplating the idea of switching the official science overlay
5 > to an external repository such as github. Here are some of the
6 > advantages we would like to
7 > get:
8 > 1. easier to contribute
9
10 Hi!
11
12 I don't see how it would ease contributing to the overlay. Pool requests
13 which imply the review? Otherwise pushing to git repo is the same, no
14 matter where it is hosted.
15
16 > 2. specific issue tracker
17
18 We have Gentoo's bugzilla.
19
20 > 3. wiki
21
22 There is now an official Gentoo wiki at http://wiki.gentoo.org which
23 would be the appropriate place for sci project.
24
25 I don't see any benefit at all. All needed components are there and they
26 are working fine. If the service disruption is the concern, then it is
27 only of minor importance and doesn't warrant the move, imo.
30 Regards,
31 Reinis