From: My Th <rei4dan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:02:41
O , 2012-02-07 09:24 -0800, Sébastien Fabbro rakstīja:
> Hi, > > We are contemplating the idea of switching the official science overlay > to an external repository such as github. Here are some of the > advantages we would like to > get: > 1. easier to contribute
Hi! I don't see how it would ease contributing to the overlay. Pool requests which imply the review? Otherwise pushing to git repo is the same, no matter where it is hosted.
> 2. specific issue tracker
We have Gentoo's bugzilla.
> 3. wiki
There is now an official Gentoo wiki at which would be the appropriate place for sci project. I don't see any benefit at all. All needed components are there and they are working fine. If the service disruption is the concern, then it is only of minor importance and doesn't warrant the move, imo. Regards, Reinis

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github? Andrea Arteaga <andyspiros@×××××.com>