From: Alan Jackson <ajackson@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Problems emerging blas-atlas
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:25:44
1 I'm having problems emerging blas-atlas-3.6.0-r1 on my AMD64 X2 system.
2 The configure drops into an infinite loop :
3
4 I am now going to ask for two C compilers, and their associated flags.
5 The first such set (CC & CCFLAGS) are used in compiling the non-generated
6 ATLAS code. This code is written in normal C, and responds well to high
7 levels of optimization. Typically, this is set to your default compiler,
8 and your highest levels of optimization.
9
10 The second set of C compilers (MCC & MMFLAGS) is used to compile the generated
11 ATLAS code. Generated codes are written at a very low-level (think of C used
12 as a kind of portable assembler). On many platforms, high levels of
13 optimization are detrimental, as the compiler tries to pipeline a perfectly
14 pipelined code, and succeeds in reducing performance substantially (this
15 occurs on DEC ALPHAs & Sun UltraSparcs, for instance). If the default does
16 not work for you, try a midrange optimization such as -O. The generated code
17 does not alias any output arguments, so aliasing optimizations should be OK.
18
19 Enter ANSI C compiler(CC) [/usr/bin/gcc]: Enter C Flags (CCFLAGS) [-fomit-frame-pointer -O -mfpmath=387 -m64]: Compiling with = '/usr/bin/gcc -fomit-frame-pointer -O -mfpmath=387 -m64' doesn't seem to work for me.
20 Enter 1 to try different CC/flags, 0 to continue anyway [1]:
21
22 I've turned in a bugzilla ticket - but I thought someone here might have
23 a suggestion for my platform. Is there a compiler flag I should set that
24 would make it happy? Mine are pretty simple : CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp"
25 This is a brand new system, so all the ebuilds from the kernel up are completely
26 current.
32 | Alan K. Jackson | To see a World in a Grain of Sand |
33 | alan@××××××××.org | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, |
34 | www.ajackson.org | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
35 | Houston, Texas | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake |
37 --
38 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list