From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] liblapack, libblas, numpy, and python virtualenvs
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:30:00
1 For reproducibility, I like to have a python virtualenv that has all of the
2 python libraries that I use, relying on portage just for python,
3 virtualenv, and virtualenvwrapper. Building numpy using "pip install numpy"
4 fails if I use the science-overlay versions of the reference lapack and
5 blas libraries, because pip can't find liblapack to link to it.
6
7 Right now I'm cheating and using the non-overlay versions, but I'm sure
8 that somebody has a better solution of how to help pip find the right
9 libraries. Help?
10
11 Thanks,
12 g2boojum