From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: Scientific herd leadership
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:04:20
On Thursday, 18 August 2005 05:52 am, George Shapovalov wrote:
> I used to put out calls for new/interested devs to help > Scientific Gentoo, when I was more active, and the responce > was rather positive. However recently I did not have enough > time to devote to training of new devs, so that slipped by. I > think it would be usefull to reinstate that initiative, but > first we need to get a head-count of who feels like doing the > training. Should we have a 1 year as a dev requirement for > the trainers? (not the trainees of course! They are even > better picked up from science than from Linux althogether :)) > I would think so, given complexity of Gentoo nowadays and that > last thing we want to do is to screw our comprehension by > scientific community :).
Unless I am mistaken, any Gentoo developer is free to open a "New developer" bug for consideration by our recruiters team, as long as he is willing to mentor the recruit. I see no reason for the sci team to impose additional restrictions upon its members. I think we can trust the judgement of the mentoring dev on this. I am ready to mentor a candidate. I have the necessary free time right now and will have it for a few months. I have already mentored someone once and found it a very rewarding experience. Since everybody agrees that we need more hands, I asked recruiters to update the Staffing Needs on the Web site to reflect this. Kind regards, -- Olivier Fisette (ribosome) Gentoo Linux Developer Scientific applications, Developer relations

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] Re: Scientific herd leadership Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-science] Re: Scientific herd leadership Jordan Dawe <jdawe@××××××××××××.edu>