From: "Sébastien Fabbro" <bicatali@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] octave forge
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:07:36
1 On Sunday March 22 atsui wrote:
2 > markusle wrote:
3 > >
4 > > We had a long time
5 > > ago agreed to go with 3., simply because of the fact that the
6 > > octave-forge.eclass does most of the work at this point and there
7 > > is hence no good reason to add a new category to the portage tree
8 > > which contains many
9 > > tens of split octave-forge ebuilds that by themselves simply call
10 > > the eclass
11 > > and hence don't do anything but waste space.
14 > I've just started following this list, so I was wondering what the
15 > status of octave-forge is on the overlay? As you know, there might be
16 > a SoC project to write something to handle the octave packages
17 > including octave-forge, but I was wondering if there was any
18 > development in this direction in the last month or so?
19
20 The last work has been Markus eclass implementation which is what you
21 see in the science overlay with git.
24 > juantxorena wrote:
25 > >
26 > > Hopefully GCC-4.3 is going to be stabilized soon. Is there any
27 > > comment on this?
30 > Does anyone know if this is still a problem?
31
32 This is work in progress. Still some packages are not compiling with
33 gcc-4.3. octave-3 is fine with it. The only worry here is that we want
34 to have octave-3 stabilize, which is currently being done.
37 Sébastien