From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 21:02:26
1 Quoting Sébastien Fabbro <bicatali@g.o>:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > We are contemplating the idea of switching the official science overlay
6 > to an external repository such as github. Here are some of the
7 > advantages we would like to
8 > get:
9 > 1. easier to contribute
10 > 2. specific issue tracker
11 > 3. wiki
12 >
13 Other people have made useful comments already. The only point that I think
14 is interesting about github is the possibility to clone the overlay and have
15 pull requests.
16 Effectively that means people can contribute without ever getting infra
17 involved and an external contributor can send a pull request even if they are
18 not a member of the github science team.
19
20 Francois