From: Davide Cittaro <davide.cittaro@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] ncbi c++ toolkit
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:38:15
1 Hi Olivier,
2 On Sep 13, 2006, at 4:21 PM, Olivier Fisette wrote:
3
4 > The reason is lack of human resources. I think no one in the Gentoo
5 > development team is familiar with the NCBI C++ toolkit, so nobody
6 > has had any
7 > particular interest in adding it to Portage. We already have lots
8 > of new
9 > package requests that we try to work on from time to time, but most
10 > of our
11 > time is spent updating existing packages or fixing bugs.
14 Just to know... how many people are involved as *active* developers
15 in gentoo-science? I wrote some ebuilds and I submitted them on
16 bugzilla. I wonder if it would be the case to join gentoo-science...
17
18 > You can help by filing an enhancement request on the Gentoo Bugzilla
19 > (bugzilla.gentoo.org). It will be assigned to the sci-biology
20 > project and
21 > maybe, eventually, we will have the time to work on it. If you can
22 > write an
23 > ebuild for the package yourself, that would speed up the process
24 > tremendously.
25
26 At time of writing I'm testing a ncbi-c++ compilation on my system,
27 if everything goes fine I'll write down an ebuild to submit.
30 > Cheers,
33 d
34
35 > --
36 > Olivier Fisette (ribosome)
37 > Gentoo Linux Developer
38 > Scientific applications, Developer relations
39
40 /*
41 Davide Cittaro
42 HPC and Bioinformatics Systems @ Informatics Core
43
44 IFOM - Istituto FIRC di Oncologia Molecolare
45 via adamello, 16
46 20139 Milano
47 Italy
48