From: Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: v_2e@×××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] sage-clib-5.7 fails to build
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:40:51
1 On 28/02/13 21:13, v_2e@×××.net wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:09:12 +1300
5 > fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
6 >>
7 >> Christopher meant PYTHON_TARGETS and USE_PYTHON. They are the
8 >> variables in /etc/make.conf (and its newer replacement
9 >> in /etc/portage/) that determine which python(s) you are using. The
10 >> first one is consumed by ebuilds using the new python-r1 eclass
11 >> (sage-5.7 is one), the second one is used by ebuilds using the old
12 >> python eclass. So Christopher's remark is that you should have at
13 >> least PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"
14 >> in make.conf.
15 >>
16 > I tried it with
17 > PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_2 python2_7"
18 > in /etc/portage/make.conf, but it fails just in exactly the same way as
19 > before (without this line in config file).
20 > And also I noticed that despite I had no such line in this file
21 > before, all other packages detected my Python versions automatically
22 > during install. Why isn't it the case with Sage?
23 >
24 OK, can we have the full build log please?
25
26 Francois