From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] how to start using?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:11:55
1 Hello!
2
3 On Thu, 27 May 2010 10:27:40 +0200
4 Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 > ...
6 > Yes - for a longer answer take a look into our README file:
7 >
8 > http://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo
9 >
10 This README file says to use '/usr/local/portage/layman/' folder for
11 overlays, but when installing the latest versions of layman, there is a
12 message on the screen (after successful building) suggesting to use
13 '/var/lib/layman' for this purpose.
14 So, maybe it is worth changing
15
16 " ln -s /usr/local/portage/layman/sage-on-gentoo/package.keywords/sage \
17 /etc/portage/package.keywords/sage"
18 and
19 " ln -s /usr/local/portage/layman/sage-on-gentoo/package.keywords/sage \
20 /etc/portage/package.keywords/sage"
21 strings to
22 " ln -s /var/lib/layman/sage-on-gentoo/package.keywords/sage \
23 /etc/portage/package.keywords/sage"
24 and
25 " ln -s /var/lib/layman/sage-on-gentoo/package.keywords/sage \
26 /etc/portage/package.keywords/sage"
27 respectively?
28
29 I also have one more question.
30 I tried to emerge sage yesterday and several time today, but I cannot
31 fetch sci-mathematics/lcalc-1.23 package using this link:
32 'http://pmmac03.math.uwaterloo.ca/~mrubinst/L_function_public/CODE/L-1.23.tar.gz'
33 Maybe there is another place to download it from? And if there is,
34 how can I check the integrity and originality of the archive?
35
36 Thanks.
37 Vladimir.
38 -----