From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] sqlalchemy python issue
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 04:02:37
Hi all,

I think I found the root of the problem that people have
we sqlalchemy shipped inside sage. The latest patch
set for python in Gentoo enable the honouring of a flag
preventing bytecompilation of python modules, it seems
like sqlalchemy should explicitly be installed with bytecompilation
disabled. I will cook up a patch shortly.

After floating a few ideas about a separate mailing list
for sage (on Gentoo or other distros) the consensus seems
to be that the traffic would too low to be really viable.
So we may point users to the gentoo-science mailing list
(and bugzilla).

Francois