From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] Sage-4.5.3 segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:38:07
1 > Hello!
2 > After a recent software update on my amd64-based machine, I get the
3 > following message trying to launch Sage:
4 >
5 > ------------------------------------------------------------
6 > Unhandled SIGSEGV: A segmentation fault occurred in Sage.
7 > This probably occurred because a *compiled* component
8 > of Sage has a bug in it (typically accessing invalid memory)
9 > or is not properly wrapped with _sig_on, _sig_off.
10 > You might want to run Sage under gdb with 'sage -gdb' to debug this.
11 > Sage will now terminate (sorry).
13 >
14 > And then it just exits. I have no idea where to search for the reasons
15 > of such behaviour, so decided to ask here. :)
16 >
17 Hi Vladimir,
18
19 did this upgrade include anything from the sage-on-gentoo overlay?
20
21 Francois