From: Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] RFC: modeling software
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 07:13:54
1 I'm doing some computational astrophysics research, specifically
2 modeling the effect of star novas on planetary motion and my problem is
3 that I don't know the best way to do this.
4
5 The nature of this research consists of my extending a model already
6 developed by my advisor, and the problem is that I want to translate
7 this model into a simulation and I don't know what software to use. My
8 advisor has given me full discretion in using whatever tools I need, so
9 I thought I'd ask here since I don't know where else to ask. Since he
10 hasn't stipulated the use of any software to model the research I want
11 to take this opportunity to get experience with some of the FLOSS
12 projects out there.
13
14 What software do you think would be most useful for this project?
17 Justin
18 --
19 gentoo-science@l.g.o mailing list