From: Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] RFC: modeling software
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 07:13:54
I'm doing some computational astrophysics research, specifically
modeling the effect of star novas on planetary motion and my problem is
that I don't know the best way to do this.

The nature of this research consists of my extending a model already
developed by my advisor, and the problem is that I want to translate
this model into a simulation and I don't know what software to use.  My
advisor has given me full discretion in using whatever tools I need, so
I thought I'd ask here since I don't know where else to ask.  Since he
hasn't stipulated the use of any software to model the research I want
to take this opportunity to get experience with some of the FLOSS
projects out there.

What software do you think would be most useful for this project?

Justin