From: christoph irrenfried <c.irrenfried@×××.at>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Mathematica issue
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:03:58
1 On 02/05/2015 03:52 PM, Markus Oehme wrote:
2 > (a) Does the license server still operate (maybe your university changed the
3 > setup)?
4 All the others on in my department have no problem with the connection
5 to the server. The only difference is that they are using Debian.
6 >
7 > (b) Are you able to reach the license server on the network (issue a ping or
8 > similar)?
9 yes if i ping the server i get a positive response!
10 >
11 > (c) If both have positive answers I would contact the operator of the
12 > license server for further trouble shooting.
13 I contacted than with the answer: That you get from using gentoo (not
14 the same words but it was what they meant ;( ).
15
16 The wired thing is that when I installed it after I had a fresh
17 installation of gentoo it worked but than I installed other stuff and it
18 stopped working. I installed gentoo a couple of times but it looks like
19 it always stops after different installations. It definitely is caused
20 by gentoo.
21
22 Therefore I wanted to know if someone else works with mathematica on
23 gentoo and if that person can give me his configuration to check it
24 against mine.
25
26 Thanks!