From: Redouane Boumghar <redouane.boumghar@×××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] gnuplot + python
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:35:55
1 Hello Matias,
2
3 Some little insight even if I have no experience with gnuplot-py yet :
4 Try enabling the mouse clicks events by hitting the letter 'm' while in focus
5 of your plotting window.
6 This may enable the mouse rotation feature for your 3D plot .... or not :)
9 Redouane BOUMGHAR
10 Physics, Remote Sensing and Digital Imagery Engineer
13 Matías Graña wrote:
14 > Hi; I'm doing some easy 3D plotting these days and I've come to this
15 > situation. I just need to plot a few dots in 3D-space. I've been using
16 > gnuplot for this, as it allows to rotate the picture with the mouse,
17 > giving a good impression of where the dots actually are.
18 > So far so good, but now I want it to interact with the python code I use
19 > to compute the position of the dots. There's gnuplot-py for this, but it
20 > seems to have the problem that once it launches a window, gnuplot does
21 > not listen to mouse clickings on it. So I can tell my python program to
22 > draw the dots, but then I can't rotate them as I could within a gnuplot
23 > session.
24 >
25 > So, I'm looking to either
26 > a) a way to have an interaction between gnuplot and python, or
27 > b) another program/library that can be launched from python and able to
28 > plot 3D dots and rotate them with the mouse.
29 >
30 > Any insight or advice is welcome.
31 >
32 > Thanks,