From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] openmodelica and salome
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:51:30
Hi there,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:59:55PM +0100, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
> I wonder if anybody could install openmodelica and salome > using any ebuild? > > The page for modelica: > > > I saw some discussions about salome, but I am not sure if > there exists any ebuild yet!?
You can file an enhancement request on and try to write an ebuild for those packages Since there are more people who want to have packages in the portage tree than people who can integrate and maintain them, the sci herd currently has about 175 open enhancement requests waiting, dating back more than two years. But don't be afraid, they are not processed in chronological order. So if you can tell what makes these packages so special and important there's the chance some developer will have a look at them. HTH, Patrick

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] openmodelica and salome Fabian Braennstroem <f.braennstroem@×××.de>