From: "Xavier Fernández i Marín" <xfim.ll@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] sci-libs/atlas from science overlay - is it multithreaded?
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 13:41:34
1 Dear all,
2
3 After some years with the official blas and lapack libraries from atlas
4 several weeks ago these packages were discontinued in the official portage
5 tree, being replaced by the science overlay. I've tried to get the same
6 functionality than before, but with no luck.
7
8 I used to run sci-mathematics/jags compiled against the atlas-threaded
9 libraries, and when simulating more than one chain all processors were used
10 in parallel. But now, with the current sci-libs/atlas libraries this is not
11 the case anymore.
12
13 I have also tried to link jags against openblas, but without luck as well.
14
15 I have also tried to compile it against mkl using openmp and even compile
16 jags without using the official ebuild.
17
18 So my questions are:
19
20 - Is there a way to check that atlas is using multithreaded capacities,
21 besides checking the libraries towards which it is compiled?
22
23 - What has atlas changed between the last unstable ebuild from the
24 official portage tree and the last unstable ebuild from the science
25 overlay?
26
27 - Any guess on how I can make use of multithreading in jags in gentoo?
30 Many thanks.
31 --
32 - Xavier -