From: Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock@g.o>
To: Marius Brehler <marbre@××××××××××××××.de>
Cc: sci@g.o, Gentoo Science List <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: ChangeLog in the overlay
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:08:45
1 On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 4:58 AM, Marius Brehler
2 <marbre@××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 > On 10/10/2015 12:35 PM, Justin Lecher (jlec) wrote:
6 >> Hi everyone,
7 >>
8 >> What is your opinion on dropping the ChangeLog in the overlay in
9 >> favour of the git log as it has been done in the tree?
10 >>
11 >> Justin
14 > Hi,
15 > I prefer to drop the ChangeLogs. Since we give a lot advices and many
16 > contributes push their changes incremental without using 'repo-commit
17 > -t', or re-commit changed ebuilds, ChangeLogs often blow up. For example
18 > see [1], which is AFAIR not the worst one.
19 > Regards
20 >
21 Hi Marius,
22
23 out of curiosity: What does the -t option do? And how does one
24 re-commit a change using repoman?
25
26 Thanks,
27