Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>
[gentoo-science] Sage exiting unexpectedly on amd64
Wed, 05 May 2010 09:12:37
Hi Sage-on-Gentoo-amd64 users,
yesterday I have tested the recent version of Sage to check if the problem
Steven first reported remain - which unfortunately is the case. I tried and
noticed the following things:
- When running Sage's tests (I do that with ". local/bin/sage-env && sage-
starts && sage-maketest"), I notice that this problem seems to be randomly
triggered - I tried to run failing tests manually, which then succeeded. Also,
another testrun showed failures with different testcases.
- This problem showed up first with Sage 4.4 (Steven reported this) and remains
in 4.4.1, upgrading to python-2.6.5-r99 did not change anything (I upgraded
python and ran revdep-rebuild, but I did not recompile sage-core/sage-clib).
- As long as I did not try to exit Sage everything seems to be ok - I opened
Sage with "sage -gdb" and typed several simple commands (2+2, maxima('2+2'),
integral(sin(x),x,0,pi)) which worked fine - when I type quit there is the
possibilty that Sage exits with failure. GDB (I typed "bt" for backtrace)
reports now the known error:
*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python2.6: corrupted double-linked list
The backtrace does not give very much information just function calls in libc
and python itself.
- I removed the patch for sage-clib which replaces gmp with mpir - this did
not change anything noticable.
- I just found this bugreport from numpy which could trigger this problem: