From: Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Sage exiting unexpectedly on amd64
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 09:12:37
1 Hi Sage-on-Gentoo-amd64 users,
2
3 yesterday I have tested the recent version of Sage to check if the problem
4 Steven first reported remain - which unfortunately is the case. I tried and
5 noticed the following things:
6
7 - When running Sage's tests (I do that with ". local/bin/sage-env && sage-
8 starts && sage-maketest"), I notice that this problem seems to be randomly
9 triggered - I tried to run failing tests manually, which then succeeded. Also,
10 another testrun showed failures with different testcases.
11 - This problem showed up first with Sage 4.4 (Steven reported this) and remains
12 in 4.4.1, upgrading to python-2.6.5-r99 did not change anything (I upgraded
13 python and ran revdep-rebuild, but I did not recompile sage-core/sage-clib).
14 - As long as I did not try to exit Sage everything seems to be ok - I opened
15 Sage with "sage -gdb" and typed several simple commands (2+2, maxima('2+2'),
16 integral(sin(x),x,0,pi)) which worked fine - when I type quit there is the
17 possibilty that Sage exits with failure. GDB (I typed "bt" for backtrace)
18 reports now the known error:
19
20 *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/python2.6: corrupted double-linked list
21
22 The backtrace does not give very much information just function calls in libc
23 and python itself.
24 - I removed the patch for sage-clib which replaces gmp with mpir - this did
25 not change anything noticable.
26 - I just found this bugreport from numpy which could trigger this problem:
27
28 http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1464
29
30 Cheers,