From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-libs/mpir for the main tree
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:03:46

On 21:19 Tue 09 Nov     , François Bissey wrote:
> > my next migration victim will be mpir, the friendly clone of gmp. The > > current ebuild is the same in sage-on-gentoo and science. It has this > > assembler stuff in it that I don't understand. Who did this? What is > > the latest here, can we remove the fat TODO-banner (or DO it?). > > > > Any other hints/objections? (Yes, I know that there is a bump > > waiting...) > > > Hi Thomas, > > Christopher did it. mpir like gmp suffer from executable stacks. > There are talk on sage-devel which is very close to mpir upstream > to take a different approach: using an m4 macro and a linker flag > to remove them -Wl,-z,noexecstack. > The motivation to fix this is fedora 14 which doesn't allow executable stacks > by default.
The changelog of mpir-2.2 shows: -) Enable noexecstack for x86/x86_64 with GCC So what should be done to use this in our ebuild. I tried to simply append -Wl,-z,noexecstack to ldflags, but this did nothing. Cheers, Thomas -- Thomas Kahle

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] sci-libs/mpir for the main tree Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>