From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Advice for image and signal processing libraries
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:53:44
1 Markus Dittrich wrote:
2 > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Chris Traylor wrote:
3 >> vary.
4 >> FSL might also help you out. (Note: Of the three I just mentioned,
5 >> Gentoo only has an ebuild for VTK. Even then, you probably want to skip
6 >> the
7 >> ebuild for it, and use cmake to build it.)
8 >
9 > I would definitely recommend using the VTK ebuild instead of
10 > compiling it yourself. If there are any problems with the ebuild
11 > we are not aware of please let us know so we can fix them.
12 >
13 > That said, all of VTK, Paraview, and OpenDX are powerful viz
14 > packages but I am not sure if they will fulfill your signal
15 > processing needs.
16 > - From what you describe it sounds like sci-libs/itpp would
17 > fit the bill very well. It is a great package and very well
18 > maintained.
19 >
20 > Best,
21 > Markus
24 > -- Markus Dittrich (markusle)
25 > Gentoo Linux Developer
26 > Scientific applications
27 Yeah ... ITPP looks good. An awful lot of signal and image processing
28 code exists as MATLAB source, too, so you might want to look at FreeMat.
29
30 I personally do all my "image processing" with The Gimp and signal
31 processing in R.
32 --
33 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list