From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: sci@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Another new scientific herd tester
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:46:01
Hi,

I would like to announce that we now have another scientific herd tester,
Sebastien Fabbro (bicatali) <seb@×××××××.pt>. He is a French guy living in
Portugal with wide and varied interests from gastronomy, outdoor activities
and the obligatory programming :) He is a post-doc researcher working in
observational cosmology and so he should be able to help us out with
bolstering the physics and mathematical applications.

I hope you will all welcome him to the team. I am working with the herd
testers to produce a scientific overlay. It is in the early stages right now.
I will be working with the herd testers to add more ebuilds into the overlay
which will act as a testing ground where ebuilds can be worked upon, tested
by users and improved until they are ready to go into the tree.

I will make a full announcement once it has been populated a little more. This
should allow us to respond to requests more quickly without compromising on
the quality of the ebuilds in the tree.

Thanks,

Marcus