From: "Justin (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
To: Gentoo Science List <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] sci-biology/ncbi-tools++
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 11:15:07
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 I/we need urgent help in fixing a package, namely
4 sci-biology/ncbi-tools++. I started to work on it, but currently I am
5 short of time to finish it.
6
7 Please take a look into the branch in the overlay.
8 Following problems occur with that package,
9
10 * uses custom build system
11 * weird internal project dependency checking (Problems with parallel
12 builds. Maybe we can drop this for the moment)
13 * bundles quite some stuff
14 * misuses --with configure option and has automagics
15
16 So if you like to contribute a great piece of work, please try to fix
17 this package. Otherwise our treecleaners will last rite quite a number
18 of sci-bio packages.
19
20 Thanks for your help,
21 Justin