From: Marc Vinyals <marcvinyals@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] sage-notebook is missing default imports
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 11:26:13
1 EL Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:45:01 +1300
2 Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz> escrigué:
3
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > After updating from sage 4.6.1 to 4.6.2 I had trouble working with
7 > > > sage-notebook because default imports were missing. This is what I
8 > > > tried:
9 > > >
10 > > > If I run sage-notebook, login and try to run a command as simple
11 > > > as
12 > > >
13 > > > 3;
14 > > >
15 > > > I get a "NameError: name 'Integer' is not defined" error. If I run
16 > > >
17 > > > from sage.rings.integer import Integer;
18 > > > 3;
19 > > >
20 > > > everything works as expected. Also if I run sage -notebook
21 > > > (notice the space) then executing the comand
22 > > >
23 > > > 3;
24 > > >
25 > > > works. It's not a huge problem, but it kept me rebuilding sage and
26 > > > python for a week. Any idea about why is this happening?
27 > >
28 > I committed a "fix". Tell me if that solve your problems. I hope it
29 > doesn't break other stuff in the process. If it does I will have to
30 > get really invasive one way or another. Not that I mind.
31 >
32 > Francois
35 Hi François,
36
37 Your fix solved my problems and didn't break anything big for me.
38
39 Best,
40 Marc.