From: "Justin Lecher (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Gentoo Science List <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Recruiters <recruiters@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] packages to grab
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 13:50:32
2 Hash: SHA512
3
4 Dear everyone,
5
6 due to changes in real life I need to cut back vastly my day to day
7 maintainer work starting in February. So far I have no clue how much
8 time I can devote to Gentoo in nearer future.
9
10 I will move all packages I maintain [1] to the associated projects if
11 possible. All devs are free to take what ever you are interested in. I
12 am also happy to proxy contributors if they like to maintain a package.
13
14 My plan is to focus more on task which I can handle more flexible.
15
16 Regarding the projects I am involved in I have the following ideas:
17
18 _Recruiters_
19
20 We are again actively looking for someone who is doing the review
21 session. The candidate should have solid knowledge about the various
22 aspects for Gentoo reaching from packaging to institutional aspects.
23 Further, you should be able to work with inexperienced contributors
24 and have fun teaching the necessary bits.
25
26 Secondly, I would like to work strategically on our recruitment
27 process. This includes reworking of the quizzes and a general
28 assessment of the process as well as new options. We won't change
29 anything over night, but I really think we can do simpler and better.
30
31 In case you are interested in either topic, feel free to drop a mail
32 to recruiters@g.o.
33
34 _Science_
35
36 We are understaffed for a long time. So in case you like to join feel
37 free to do so. This is also and especially directed to the community.
38 I strongly encourage you to contribute via PR to the overlay or the
39 main gentoo.git. If you have proven yourself in contributions and
40 still nobody encouraged you to become a full dev, don't hesitate to
41 express your wish and we will manage your recruitment.
42
43 _Council_
44
45 My council duties should not be affected.
46
47 _Other project_
48
49 For the time being, I need to drop most work there.
50
51 Cheers,
52 Justin
53