From: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Gentoo scientific overlay
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 09:16:31
1 Hi all,
2
3 On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 08:28:34PM +0000, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
4 [scientific overlay]
5 > I would welcome any feedback you guys might have. It is pretty easy to check
6 > out a copy of it and keep it up to date - I put instructions on the site. Be
7 > warned that the ebuilds in the overlay will generally be more experimental
8 > and may need work.
9
10 Don't want to discourage anyone, but looking at the bugzilla lists for the
11 sci herd I get the impression that there's still quite a lot to do about
12 the existing ebuilds in the tree - do you really think that more
13 experimental stuff is the right priority?
14
15 I am not in the position to complain since I have been rather idle in the
16 last months (work is eating up my time) and I don't want you to get the
17 impression that I am trying to tell you what to do.
18
19 Just wondering,
20
21 Patrick