From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage-notebook & jmol
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:51:58
1 > sci-chemistry/jmol. Now here I'm able to get Jmol to work from the
2 > notebook if I create either of the symlinks,
3 >
4 > site-packages/sagenb/data/jmol ->
5 > /usr/share/webapps/jmol/11.6.16/htdocs
6 > or
7 > site-packages/sagenb/data/jmol -> /var/www/localhost/htdocs/jmol
8 >
9 > There should be a better way to do this but I'm unable to find a way to
10 > get the sagenb package to access external data other than through a
11 > symlink. If the first of the above is done then a version bump of jmol
12 > will require a new sage-notebook install! There is also an "appletweb"
13 > directory that's present under sagenb/data/jmol and I was curious as to
14 > whether it's needed? Is it perhaps a carry-over from the older
15 > Sage-provided jmol stuff?
16 >
17 A bit more details on this. First the cli it is enough to install jmol with
18 the flag client-only which just install the binary.
19 The next problem is that to get the web-applet we need either
20 -client-only or vhost use flags. Which require the gentoo web-app
21 framework. We don't want that.
22 *sage uses twisted as its server, this is not supported by web-app.
23
24 We basically need a lot of the stuff that is provided for the web-app
25 without the requirements of the web-app framework.
26
27 I can say you have installed jmol as a web-app Steve. The stuff provided
28 in the appletweb folder could be provided by jmol. At first I was trying
29 to provide some stuff from jmol and keeping some stuff from sagenb.
30 This one has tough requirements.
31
32 Francois