From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: Gentoo Science project status
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:35:59
1 Hi,
2
3 I used to be active in the sci herd (mainly in the computational biology and
4 chemistry projects), but the last year has seen very little activity from me.
5 I stepped down from maintaining most of my packages recently since it has
6 become obvious I no longer have the time and motivation necessary to deserve
7 a developer position. I plan to retire this summer after finishing a few long
8 overdue tasks.
9
10 I will still want to contribute, so maybe I can find someone to work with as a
11 proxy maintainer for EMBOSS and related packages. Otherwise, I will only be
12 around to fill bug reports and maybe contribute to the overlay from time to
13 time.
14
15 I still love Gentoo, but I have invested myself in other personal and
16 professional projects and just no longer have enough free time to want to
17 dedicate much of it to Gentoo, unfortunately.
18
19 With kind regards,
20
21 Olivier