From: Francesco Biscani <bluescarni@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] anyone on the list with ppc hardware?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:03:00
1 On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:18 AM, François Bissey
2 <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz> wrote:
3 > Kind of a good call. For some reasons with ppc I have to add -std=c99
4 > to my CFLAGS if I compile with gcc-4.4.3 - note that it is not necessary
5 > with gcc-4.3.4 on ppc or gcc-4.4.3 on x86. Just adding that got me to
6 > a further failure to lisp bootstrapping (that I had with gcc-4.3.4).
7 >
8 > Removing all other flags however seems to have done the trick, so there
9 > may be one that is dodgy to ecls in the lot.
10 > I will see if building has finished later, cross finger :)
11 > If it does I may take some time to see which flag(s) lead to the failure.
12 > In the meantime I also asked for help from the ppc forum.
13
14 In my case, it was specifically the march/mtune/mcpu flags that
15 provoked compilation failure with similar error messages to yours
16 while emerging certain packages from the portage tree (MySQL was one
17 of them, IIRC). Removing them and using just -O2 did the trick in my
18 case.
19
20 F.