From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Git reorganisation
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 07:06:23
1 On Sat, 2017-06-03 at 22:06 +1200, François Bissey wrote:
2 > > On 3/06/2017, at 22:03, David Seifert <soap@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > On Tue, 2017-05-23 at 19:26 +1200, François Bissey wrote:
5 > > > > On 23/05/2017, at 19:11, David Seifert <soap@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > >
7 > > > > Furthermore, I am considering requiring full GPG-signed commits
8 > > > > for
9 > > > > the
10 > > > > overlay, and for this I would like to get some input.
11 > > >
12 > > > Weren’t we already doing this?
13 > > >
14 > > > François
15 > >
16 > > Nope, not required. I'll talk on infra and likely start enabling
17 > > this
18 > > soon, right after the COMMITMSG filter.
21 > OK, now I remember. repoman forced you to do it, but just doing "git
22 > commit"
23 > wasn’t requiring it. I changed my default settings after noticing
24 > that I didn’t
25 > have to sign to send changes to an eclass.
26
27 I have now made signed commits and signed pushes mandatory on the
28 repository. To have your commits signed in the repo run
29
30 git config commit.gpgsign true
31
32 You will also need to sign your pushes to the repo.
33
34 git config push.gpgsign true
35
36 I will also start with adding a QA COMMITMSG filter that rejects bad
37 COMMITMSGs lacking the prelude: part.
38
39 Regards
40 David