From: Andrew Randles <ehud42@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] freemat-2.0 at gentooscience.org
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 03:56:04
1 I don't mean to ask a dumb question but how do I get at this gentoo
2 science overlay?
3
4 Thanks,
5 Andrew
6
7 On 7/1/06, Andrey G. Grozin <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su> wrote:
8 > Hello *,
9 >
10 > I've just commited a freemat-2.0 ebuild to the Gentoo science overlay.
11 > freemat seems to be a rather powerful matlab (quasi-) clone.
12 > It depends on qt-4 and some packages from the overlay (umfpack, arpack).
13 > It also depends on sci-libs/matio which I commited to the overlay some
14 > time ago. This last package is somewhat problematic: I found no normal
15 > downloading url, downloading requires clicking some buttons at some page
16 > (though it's free all right, LGPL). If you have the USE flag "fortran", a
17 > fortran interface to the library should be built; but this requires either
18 > g95 or gfortran. I have neither, so I build matio with -fortran; if
19 > somebody could check if it builds with gcc-4.1 with g95, I'd be grateful.
20 > It is also interesting if matio and freemat can be built on amd64. Please
21 > test this package, it seems interesting.
22 >
23 > Andrey
24 > --
25 > gentoo-science@g.o mailing list