From: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] changes in handling gap and its packages
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2019 08:50:48
1 Hi,
2
3 sage 8.6 will use gap-4.10.0. The changes in packaging coming
4 from upstream for this version (and the short lived 4.9) are
5 significant.
6 It also pushed me to reconsider how support gap and its packages
7 in Gentoo. gap supports packages like R but the mechanics of it
8 are far less sophisticated or mature.
9 Anyway I decided to switch to abusing subslots to manage package
10 dependencies in a way that gave me the less headaches.
11 I also back ported to the previous version of gap in the overlay.
12 As a consequence if you have gap and gap packages installed at
13 the moment you will want to unmerge them and then re-merge
14 them to get the correct slotting.
15
16 sage 8.6 tries to cram a few things to be released before the next
17 debian freeze. gap is the biggest item on that list. Expect 8.6
18 in the next 7 days - probably.
19
20 François