From: v_2e@×××.net
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] Sage-4.5.2 build problem and a "run-time" errors.
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:41:37
1 Hello again!
2
3 On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 08:31:11 +0200
4 Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5 >
6 > Thats _really_ strange, but one exclamation mark should work, too.
7 It actually does with ONE exclamation mark, but not with two.
8 >I have fixed
9 > that in my recent commit, but still would like to know why it doesnt work with
10 > two exclamation marks.
11 I know almost nothing about writing ebuilds (I have written just few
12 of them), but maybe two exclamation marks mean "ouble logical "not" (NOT
13 NOT), inverting the meaning of this blocker?
14 For example, I can read that string as follows:
15 DEPEND="!<sci-mathematics/sage-4.5.2"
16 "sage-baselayout-4.5.2 depends on (NOT less than
17 sci-mathematics/sage-4.5.2)"
18 With two exclamation marks I could read this string different:
19 "sage-baselayout-4.5.2 depends on (NOT (NOT less than
20 sci-mathematics/sage-4.5.2))". The last one is equivalent to
21 "<sci-mathematics/sage-4.5.2" from this point of view.
22 But maybe I'm wrong and all this is a complete nonsense. :)
23
24 > Anyway, with 4.5.3 I am going to remove the blockers so we
25 > do not have to worry about them ;)
26 >
27 In such case we definitely have nothing to worry about.
28
29 Regards,
30 Vladimir.
31