From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sage-4.3.4 status
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:53:15
1 > So we had sage-4.3.4 in the sage-on-gentoo overlay
2 > for a few days already and it has undergone a few changes in that time.
3 >
4 > So we are now using system wide sphinx - sphinx is needed
5 > for the help system so you need to have it at runtime.
6 >
7 > I added the possibility of building html documentation rather
8 > than downloading it - pdf generation is not yet ready if it will ever be.
9 > To build the doc you need both doc and build-doc useflag.
10 > The option will probably go in the future as it is sloooooow
11 > and the result is slightly different from the official sage documentation
12 > because the sage people patched sphinx to highlight the sage prompt
13 > in the generated documentation. Never mind that it could probably
14 > be achieved by providing a style sheet or a pygment file.
15 >
16 > Other more invisible changes are:
17 > *better separation between DEPEND and RDEPEND.
18 > *added code for a cleaner removal of sage (removal
19 > of all .pyc and friends).
20 I forgot.
21
22 Since I have the hardware the overlay is now marked ~ppc.
23 It builds and runs - eventually.
24
25 Francois